This bitesize session will explore the Spectrum 5.0 Acquisition and accessioning procedure; taking legal ownership of objects, especially (but not always) to add to your long-term collection through the process of accessioning: the formal commitment by your governing body to care for objects over the long term.
During the session we will review the minimum requirements, suggested procedure, and discuss how this procedure might be approached by your museum. There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout.
As a follow up, you might also find it useful to attend the object labelling and marking session in the afternoon.
This session is delivered by Collections Trust, funded by Welsh Government, Culture and Sport Division (C&S) / Adran Diwylliant a Chwaraeon (DaCh). Priority will be given to those who work or volunteer at Accredited museums, or those working towards, in Wales. If you have a question about the session please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, we are only able to respond in English).
- Register interest using the form below, before 12:00 on Tuesday 9 March 2021.
- The session will be delivered in English, with the option for live Welsh interpretation – please indicate on the form if you would like this service to be available.
- Please read our online event policy and code of conduct before registering.
- Confirmations will be sent out after the registration deadline, to allow us to prioritise attendance.
Preparation for attendees:
- If possible, read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction
- You might find it useful to review the Acquisition and accessioning procedure in advance, and come prepared with your questions.
- Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.
- At the time of the session, follow the joining instructions we’ll send you when we confirm your registration. Please note – this email might find its way into your junk folder so please check before getting in touch.
- The session will be hosted via Zoom. Using your webcam is optional, so you don’t have to tidy up or dress to impress.
If you would prefer to use a Welsh registration form, please click here.