Ensuring your own objects, loans and other objects left in your care have appropriate cover against damage or loss.

Insurance and indemnity - scope


Working out your insurance needs can be complex, and may need specialist advice from valuation experts, security advisors and conservators, as well as your insurance providers. The risks you insure against, and how much cover you need, will depend on related procedures including Valuation and Emergency planning for collections. Items of low financial worth but great significance may need enough insurance to cover swift emergency treatment after a disaster, followed by years of remedial conservation work.