Micromusée is the complete collections management system for all types of collections and museums. Version 7 offers a completely renowned interface for a better user experience and higher efficiency. It enhances the possibilities for shared or multilingual databases. Micromusée is user friendly and easy to customize.
Minimum hardware requirement
- Pentium IV 2GHZ
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- 40 Gb
- 1024 x 768 pixels x 256 colours
Client: Above Windows 7
Server: Windows 2008 minimum
Public access support
OPAC Web Version 7:
- Dedicated Content Management System
- SAAS mode
- 3 tiers: Full configuration, Collections on line, One page
- Responsive interface
- OAI-PMH, Europeana ready
- Faceted search
Any kind of system
Data auditing and cleaning
A large number of users have entered, corrected and updated data within Micromusée for decades. The durability is based on tools which allow to trace changes, enter and correct data.
Single user cost
£3265 to £4360
Five user cost
£4185 to £5250 + client access licence
Additional pricing notes
Mobydoc Express: Basic inventories collections management system, stand-alone licence only for £2700
£1000 per day. Specific training is available.
Annual charge 20% of software value; includes helpline support (e-mail and phone, remote maintenance), update, new releases. Independent User Group.
Available as standard:
- Create and customize data input screens for your individual needs
- Design output forms, labels and reports in minutes / Optional modules:
- Conservation / Restoration module: maintain a full history of the condition of objects; request remedial treatments; record details of treatments performed on objects; handling, storage and packing/shipping requirements; schedule condition checks.
- Movement control / Circulation of objects module: manage the movement of objects for in-house exhibitions, changes of location, loans out of the museum (long or short-term).
- Indemnity module: manage insurance and indemnity cover for loans-inwards.
- Wmedia: advanced management of digital files
- Laptop data entry: extract information from the main database and use it on a laptop. Extremely useful for remote stores and sites, field collections. Public access modules (easy to implement, choice of fields and search criteria, incorporate your own graphic and logo):
- E-Catalog: HTML export module, CD.
- Opac Web XML export module / Other CMS available from Mobydoc:
- SNbase – Natural Science
- Mobytext – Libraries and documentation centres
- GAPI – Archives / records
- Collections Privées – Private collections
- Mobydoc Express – Basic inventories
- Photo – Photographs
- Archi – Architecture heritage
- Filmo – Films and audiovisual
- MUM: integrated collections management system: enables the user to integrate several Mobydoc’s applications in a single system. The data of each collection are then immediately available, authority files and thesaurus can be shared.
- Audit Trails – As standard
- Password – As standard
- Picklist – As standard
- Thesaurus for data entry – As standard
- Thesaurus for retrieval – As standard
- Screen designer – As standard
- Report writer – As standard
- Modifiable data structure – As standard
Are image and media formats configurable?Yes
Support for integration with other DAMS
Business process automation
Digital rights management
Yes for web-publishing.
User generated content
Yes for both import and export.
Ready for Europeana Connection Kit (ECK)Yes
OAI-PMH - Standard
- CIDOC CRM RDF
Museum / heritage standards
- CIDOC CRM Core
- ICOM Documentation Guidelines
- CHIN Data Dictionaries
Spectrum proceduresObject Entry (primary)
Acquisition and accessioning (primary)
Location and movement control (primary)
Object Exit (primary)
Loans In - borrowing objects (primary)
Loans Out - lending objects (primary)
Condition checking and technical assessment
Collections care and conservation
Insurance and indemnity
Damage and loss
Deaccessioning and disposal
Use of collections
Bibliographic / library standards
Archival records support
Archival records standards
Integration with other library and archive management systems
Online publishing with OAI-PMH
Support site URLhttps://alm.axiell.com/support/mobydoc-support/
Contact postal address
Nottingham One, 120 Canal Street
Software developer nameMobydoc
Software developer contact address
25 Rue Roquelaine 31000
Software developer firstname.lastname@example.org
UK users and sites
Users: 185. Sites: 26.
International users and sites
Over 750 institutions including Cite du vin, Institut d’Archéologie, Musee d’Art et d’Histoire.
National Museums and Galleries of Wales, 134 users.