This guidance from The Charity Commission relates directly to the Accreditation Standard for those museums which are charities.
Charity trustees share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run. They may be called trustees, the board, the management committee, governors, or directors.
This resource explains what being a trustee involves, including:
- what trustees do
- who can be a trustee and how trustees are appointed
- their legal responsibilities
- specific trustee roles of chair and treasurer
It is particularly aimed at:
- Trustees of any charity based in England or Wales
- Organisations thinking about setting up a charity or people becoming trustees in England or Wales
Click the link on the right-hand side to open this resource to view on the GOV.UK website.