This resource from the Museums Association outlines broad principles that set out an ethical approach to loans to help museums think critically about their own practice, whilst being consistent and complementary with existing standards.
It has sections on:
- Key principles of UK loans.
- Why lend? The benefits of loans.
- Planning for loans.
- Managing risk: conditions for loans.
- Capturing the benefits of loans.
- Things to consider when lending and borrowing.
- Key documents and sources of information to support successful loans.
Click the link on the right-hand side to open this resource to view on the Museums Association website.