This resource from the Museums Association draws on research into over 20 recent museum closures in the UK, and looks to understand how the governing bodies, employees, and the individuals involved responded. It outlines the legal and ethical issues relating to museum closures.
Topics covered include:
- How museums have dealt with a crisis that may lead to closure.
- How museums have planned for closure.
- Considerations around staff and volunteers.
- Managing collections.
- Museum buildings and sites.
- Partnerships and contracts.
- IT and data.
- The legacy of the museum.
Click the link on the right-hand side to view the PDF on the MA website.