This leaflet from the National Preservation Office aims to introduce the library, archive and museum professional to the management of the digitisation process, of digitisation projects and of digital image archives.
It covers the following issues:
- An introduction to digitisation
- Using a framework to develop a digitisation project
- Project justification – an examination of the reasons why library, archive and museum communities invest in converting materials into digital formats
- Selection of materials for digitisation, and the management of these materials
- Project scope – what must be taken into account when deciding to carry out a digitisation project
- Planning the project
- Managing a digitisation project
- Management and preservation of the digital images
Clicking the link on this page will allow you to download this resource as a PDF.