Concerned about managing Loans in and out during the current lockdown or when re-opening, want to know more about the Government Indemnity Scheme guidance, or have a general loans question you’d like to run by a registrar? Join Collections Trust and an expert panel for an online discussion answering your questions.
Here you can watch a recording of the discussion (with optional subtitles) or download a PDF transcript.
- Sarah Brown – Outreach Officer, Collections Trust (chair).
- Charlotte Dew – Professional Development Manager, Touring Exhibitions Group.
- David Packer – Chair of UK Registrars Group.
- Lyn Stevens – Registrar, National Museums Scotland.
- Carol Warner – Manager of the Government Indemnity Scheme.
Agenda (time stamp):
- Welcome (00:00).
- Panel introductions (00:53).
- Priorities as we emerge from lockdown (02:29).
- Couriering and risk management (10:27).
- What if my loan contact is on furlough? (17:49).
- Electronic signatures on loan agreements (20:44).
- Historic loans lacking paperwork (26:57 ).
- Balancing best practice with accessibility to loans (36:47).
- What often gets overlooked (40:08).
Click the link on the right-hand side to download the PDF.