This publication outlines fifteen loans standards that the National Museum Directors’ Conference (NMDC) members undertake to meet, subject to the resources available, plus loans guidelines for:
- Research and planning
- Procedures and administration
- Insurance and Government Indemnity Scheme
- Security, environment and display
- Packing, Transport and Couriers
- Installation and maintenance
- Long term loans and touring exhibitions
The term ‘national museum’ refers to institutions which are ‘national by virtue of a status conferred through legalisation and are directly funded by government, and are members of the National Museum Directors’ Conference.
The term ‘non-national museum’ refers to publicly funded museums, other than those directly funded by central government.
Clicking the link on this page will open this resource as a PDF in your current browser window.