The aim of the Collections Trust Documentation planning pack is to assist museums to produce their own documentation plans. The guidelines contained in the pack can be used for all types of documentation planning; they are not intended as the only way to produce a documentation plan and are specifically to help the documentation planning process as required by UK Museum Accreditation Scheme.
The pack is in two parts:
Part 1 – Planning to improve your collections documentation
- Why do you need a documentation plan?
- Before you start
- What should be in a documentation plan?
- Timescales and continuity
Part 2 – Greendale Museum Documentation Plan, 2018
- Greendale Museum’s Documentation System
- Improving collections information at Greendale Museum
- Action Plan for Greendale Museum
- Risk Analysis
- Date and sign off
- Appendix: Summary timetable
Please note, this resource has been re-formatted in 2019. The content remains the same as the version published in 2018.
Click the links on the right-hand side to download these resources as PDFs.