This resource covers the important IPR copyright and some related rights. Included are two flowcharts which allows the determination of the duration of copyright and Crown copyright.
- What is copyright?
- What does copyright protect?
- How long does copyright last?
- Who owns copyright?
- What does copyright stop me doing and how do I get permission?
- Limitations on and exceptions to copyright
- What is Crown copyright?
- Related rights: moral rights and database right
- Duration of copyright – literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works (excluding Crown copyright) [flowchart]
- Duration of Crown copyright – literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works [flowchart]
Click the link on the right-hand side to view the resource on the National Archives website.