On 12 May 2020 an expert panel drawn from the Museum Development Network and convened by Collections Trust came together to answer further questions from museum staff and volunteers concerned about caring for their collections during the current lockdown. Here you can watch a recording of the discussion (with optional subtitles) or download a PDF transcript that includes links to the resources recommended.
- Sarah Brown – Outreach Officer, Collections Trust (chair).
- Charlotte Dew – Professional Development Manager, Touring Exhibitions Group.
- David Packer – Chair of UK Registrars Group.
- Lyn Stevens – Registrar, National Museums Scotland.
- Carol Warner – Manager of the Government Indemnity Scheme.
Agenda (time stamp):
- Welcome (00:00).
- Panel introductions (00:53).
- Priorities as we emerge from lockdown (02:29).
- Couriering and risk management (10:27).
- What if my loan contact is on furlough? (17:49).
- Electronic signatures on loan agreements (20:44).
- Historic loans lacking paperwork (26:57).
- Balancing best practice with accessibility to loans (36:47).
- What often gets overlooked (40:08).
Click the link on the right-hand side to download the PDF.