Case study: fire at Uppark House, Petersfield

These resources from WestSussex.info, The National Trust and The Independent discuss the fire at Uppark House, Petersfield on 30 August 1989, caused by a workman’s blowtorch whilst repairing lead flashing on the roof, just two days before the work was due to be completed. The house was completely restored. Restoration was a cheaper insurance settlement than complete payout for a total loss.

 

Clicking the links on the right-hand side of this page will open these resources to view on the WestSussex.info, National Trust and The Independent websites.

Date created: 1994

Author: WestSussex.info; The National Trust; The Independent

Publisher: WestSussex.info; The National Trust; The Independent