Print-friendly PDF

Apply for brown tourist signs on roads that Highways England manage

This information will assist museums to ensure that they maximise external signage. It supports museums in meeting section 3.2.2, ‘The museum must have appropriate signs and directions inside and outside the building’, of the Accreditation Standard.

The resource provides information on how to apply for brown tourist signs for tourist attraction or facility located directly off a road managed by Highways England. It is the mechanism for museums to use if they are accessed from a motorway or a road managed by Highways England.

This resource is relevant to museums in England.

Clicking the link on this page will open this resource to view on the GOV.UK website.

Date created: 2018

Author: Highways England

Publisher: GOV.UK