2019 CT conference – SOLD OUT
This year’s CT conference has already completely sold out, but if you’re keen to come and don’t have a ticket, we may have some returns nearer the day. First come, first served – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.
Our 2019 conference revisits an important topic: Keywords – finding the right words to find the right records. If your users struggle to find things in your collections database, this event is for you.
Date: Thursday 12 September 2019
Time: 09:30 – 17:00
Venue: New Walk Museum, Leicester
This one-day conference will be held in the beautiful Victorian art gallery of Leicester’s New Walk Museum. Aimed at anyone who works with museum collections, the theme is terminology control and why it matters.
The Collections Trust conference always aims to give both the bigger picture and case studies from a range of museums. This year is no exception, and we are delighted to confirm the following speakers, with more to follow. Follow this link for a fuller description of each presentation.
- A new terminology platform for the cultural heritage sector Phil Carlisle, Data Standards Supervisor, Historic England
- Searching for the holy tag(ging): how to get the most out of the Art and Architecture Thesaurus Marjolein Stege, Senior Collection Registrar, Van Gogh Museum
- Terminology features in collections management systems Panel of Spectrum Partners, chaired by Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust
- Revealing hidden histories Helen Johnson, Museum Development Officer , West Midlands Museum Development
- Flat file to thesaurus: improving terminologies at the National Gallery Rupert Shepherd, Collection Information Manager, The National Gallery
- Virtually shoes Jane Seddon, Collections Manager, Northampton Museums and Art Gallery
- FAIR FISH: developing specialist archaeological vocabularies Dan Miles, Research Resources Adviser, Historic England
- Keywords for documenting collections management processes Marta Mroczek, Inventory Manager, British Museum
Please note that discount codes issued for other items in our online shop are not valid for conference tickets. Please also read our terms, especially on cancellations. With conference tickets, a full refund will be given if cancelled more than fourteen days before the event, but no refund will be given after that date.
Out of stock