Collections Trust has just completed a set of ‘pathways’ to guide you through digitising your collections. They join many other handy ‘digital pathways’ curated and hosted by Culture24. Starting with an overview of what’s involved, the new pathways answer the common questions you are likely to have about digitisation:
- What do we mean by digitisation?
- Why should I digitise my collections?
- What should I digitise?
- How should I plan digitisation?
- What do I need to know about copyright and data protection?
- How do I digitise?
- What information should I record?
- How should I store digitised assets?
- How can I future-proof digitised assets?
- How should I use digitised assets?
They were commissioned by The National Archives on behalf of the digitised collections taskforce convened by DCMS as part of its Culture is Digital work.