Six new trustees have been appointed to the Collections Trust board. The appointments build on the digital expertise and political advocacy of the existing board, as well as maintaining links with the National Museum Directors’ Council. Two early-career professionals will bring to board meetings the perspective of our users working day-to-day in collections management.
The new trustees are:
- Rob Avann, General Manager of the Open University Students Association
- Katie Childs, Head of Partnerships and Stakeholder Relations at the Imperial War Museums
- Camilla Hampshire, Museums Manager and Cultural Lead at Exeter’s Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery
- Chris Michaels, Digital Director at The National Gallery
- Jennifer Jones, Collections Development Officer at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Taniah Simpson, Assistant Collections Manager in the Registrar’s Office at the British Museum.
Chairman Hadrian Ellory-van Dekker has welcomed the new recruits:
“Between them, the new trustees maintain some key relationships, strengthen our skills in the area of digital policy, and bring fresh perspectives to the board. We are delighted to welcome them to Collections Trust, especially our two early-career professionals gaining their first governance experience.”
Collections Trust board members contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation, champion the organisation through their networks and contacts, and ensure good governance.