This workshop will introduce the basic principles of object labelling and marking, including materials and techniques used for different types of objects. Priority for this session will be given to staff and volunteers at Accredited museums, and those working towards, within the Museum Development Yorkshire region, and numbers will be restricted.
Registration for this session has now closed.
Preparation for attendees:
- Read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction
- Read the Spectrum 5.0 Acquisition and accessioning procedure
- Take a look at the Collections Trust labelling and marking guidance
- Think about how you do things in your museum (referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now).
- At the time of the session, follow the simple joining instructions we’ll send you when we confirm your registration. The session will be hosted via an online platform that should work with whatever browser you use, and without the need for you to install anything else. To keep the audio as clear as possible we won’t use video, so you don’t have to tidy up or dress to impress.