Marking and labelling of objects is part of the Spectrum Acquisition and Accessioning procedure, a Primary Procedure, which is required to be in place for Museum Accreditation. This workshop will introduce the different equipment, materials and techniques used for marking objects. The session will also include hands-on activities to put knowledge into practice.
What will you learn?
- The importance of marking objects
- Equipment, materials and techniques for marking different object types:
- Putting together a marking kit
- Health and safety considerations
- Labelling and marking within the context of Accreditation and compliance with the Spectrum standard
Book here (clicking the link on this page will take you to an external site).
This workshop will be delivered through our Arts Council England funded Outreach Programme, in collaboration with the Museum Development Network.