To view this information in Welsh, please click here.
Collections Trust hosts national events online, as well as events in collaboration with the Museum Development Network across the English regions, as part of our Arts Council England funded outreach programme. The information provided here sets out our policy and approach to conduct during online events, with the aim of creating a safe and respectful environment for our speakers and attendees. For information about the basic controls in Zoom, check out our how to guide here.
- Registration of interest does not guarantee attendance. Group size is usually limited, to allow meaningful participation, and we give priority to staff and volunteers from UK Accredited museums, and those working towards Accreditation.
- If there is a waiting list, we may limit the number of attendees from the same organisation, to maximise the number of organisations that can benefit.
- Confirmation and joining information is sent after the registration deadline. You will also be contacted if you have been placed on a waiting list.
- Joining information is for the person invited to attend – please do not pass this to anyone else, for example if you cannot attend yourself.
- Many of our sessions have a waiting list – please let us know at least 24 hrs before the session if you are unable to attend, so we can offer your place to somebody else.
- Repeated failure to attend and/or notify us could result in you being ineligible to attend future Collections Trust events.
- If you anticipate missing a substantial portion of the session, for example 30mins in 1.5 hour session, please contact us in advance as it may be more appropriate to offer the space to somebody on the waiting list who can attend the entire session.
- If you have a question about an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the event
- We ask attendees to arrive promptly, at the time given in the joining instructions. Attendees arriving more than 10 minutes late risk not being admitted, at the discretion of the host.
- We aim to provide a comfortable environment for speakers and attendees, and to encourage honest discussion. We therefore do not record our online events, unless clearly stated.
- Please respect each other’s privacy: as many people are working from home, we may be viewing their personal space. Please do not record sessions yourself, take screenshots or photographs.
- Please be mindful of what you post to the chat. Collections Trust may save the meeting chat in order to write up and share with attendees any useful links provided.
- Collections Trust will not accept harassment of any form including (but not limited to) comments or behaviour based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, age, physical appearance, education or other group status.
- Please respect people’s pronouns. If you are unfamiliar with people using they/them pronouns, you can find a guide here.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to do so immediately. Anyone violating our policy may be expelled from the event, at the discretion of the host.
- Where possible, our online events will have captions.
- Please contact the host if you have any concerns during the session – you can do this using the private chat option in a Zoom session, or email email@example.com
After the event
- We only circulate follow-up materials, for example slides and reference material, to those who have attended the session and have completed any evaluation.
- Slides circulated are for your reference only. We ask that you respect any intellectual property included in any material shared.