Owning something does not automatically mean you own the copyright or any other associated rights. Managing intellectual property rights is an important aspect of collections management, and is becoming increasingly relevant as museums work to get more of their collections online. In this session we will review the Spectrum 5.0 Rights management procedure, which can help your museum manage rights identified in your collection. Throughout the session we will signpost to useful additional guidance.
Booking for this session has now closed.
Preparation for attendees
- Read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction
- Read what Spectrum has to say about Rights management – including the standard and suggested procedure.
- Think about how you do things in your museum (referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now).
- At the time of the session, follow the simple joining instructions we’ll send you when we confirm your registration. The session will be hosted via an online platform that should work with whatever browser you use, and without the need for you to install anything else. To keep the audio as clear as possible we won’t use video, so you don’t have to tidy up or dress to impress.
- Confirmation emails will be sent out after the registration deadline, to allow us to prioritise attendance.