How much do you know about the laws governing your collections? Can you be sure your museum is compliant?
Join Professor Janet Ulph, Leicester Law School, University of Leicester, Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust, Rory McDaid, Collections Information Officer, Colchester and Ipswich Museums, and Margaret Clegg, Vice-Chair of the Human Remains Subject Specialist Network, to discuss Collections and the Law. The schedule will cover:
- Ethical and legal concerns around collections and disposal
- Collections of unknown or disputed ownership – what the law says about retention or disposal
- Spectrum rights management
- The law about hazards in collections
- The law about human remains in collections
Book here (clicking the link on this page will take you to an external site).
This workshop will be delivered through our Arts Council England funded Outreach Programme, in collaboration with the Museum Development Network.