Spectrum gives tried-and-tested advice on the things all museums do when managing their collections. Some of these are daily activities, such as moving objects around and updating location records. Others are occasional, like updating insurance cover. Spectrum calls all these activities procedures and there are 21 of them. The nine most important are the primary procedures. Each has:
- A short note on the scope of the procedure.
- The Spectrum standard for the procedure, including:
- policy questions;
- the minimum requirements you should aim to achieve, however you do it.
- A suggested workflow for the procedure.
- Suggested step-by-step guidance as a text document you can adapt to meet your own needs.