Micromusée is the complete collections management system for all types of collections and museums. The new Version 7 offers a completely renowned interface for a better user experience and higher efficiency. It enhances the possibilities for shared or multilingual databases. Micromusée is user friendly and easy to customize.
Minimum hardware requirement
Pentium IV 2GHZ
memory: 512/1024 Mb RAM
1024 x 768 pixels x 256 colours
Client: Windows XP/Vista/Seven
Server: Windows 2003/2008 ou 2008 R2
Relational database with major RDBS supported (SQL-Server, Oracle, MySQL).
Public access support
OPACWeb and E-Catalog
Any kind of system
Data auditing and cleaning
Single user cost
£3265 to £4360
Five user cost
£4185 to £5250 + client access licence
Additional pricing notes
basic inventories collections management system, stand-alone licence only for £2700
£890 per day. Specific trainings available.
Annual charge 17% of software value; includes helpline support (e-mail and phone, remote maintenance), update, new releases. Independent User Group.
Available as standard:
- Create and customize data input screens for your individual needs
- Design output forms, labels and reports in minutes / Optional modules:
- Conservation / Restoration module: maintain a full history of the condition of objects; request remedial treatments; record details of treatments performed on objects; handling, storage and packing/shipping requirements; schedule condition checks.
- Movement control / Circulation of objects module: manage the movement of objects for in-house exhibitions, changes of location, loans out of the museum (long or short-term).
- Indemnity module: manage insurance and indemnity cover for loans-inwards.
- Wmedia: advanced management of digital files
- Laptop data entry: extract information from the main database and use it on a laptop. Extremely useful for remote stores and sites, field collections. Public access modules (easy to implement, choice of fields and search criteria, incorporate your own graphic and logo):
- E-Catalog: HTML export module, CD.
- Opac Web XML export module / Other CMS available from Mobydoc:
- SNbase – Natural Science
- Mobytext – Libraries and documentation centres
- GAPI – Archives / records
- Collections Privées – Private collections
- Mobydoc Express – Basic inventories
- Photo – Photographs
- Archi – Architecture heritage
- Filmo – Films and audiovisual
- MUM: integrated collections management system: enables the user to integrate several Mobydoc’s applications in a single system. The data of each collection are then immediately available, authority files and thesaurus can be shared.
- Audit Trails – As standard
- Password – As standard
- Picklist – As standard
- Thesaurus for data entry – As standard
- Thesaurus for retrieval – As standard
- Screen designer – As standard
- Report writer – As standard
- Modifiable data structure – As standard
Are image and media formats configurableYes
Support for integration with other DAMS
Business process automation
Digital rights management
Yes for web-publishing.
User generated content
Yes for both import and export.
OAI-PMH - Standard
- CIDOC CRM RDF
Museum / heritage standards
- CIDOC CRM Core
- ICOM Documentation Guidelines
- CHIN Data Dictionaries
Spectrum proceduresObject Entry (primary)
Loans In (primary)
Location and Movement (primary)
Use of Collections
Object Exit (primary)
Loans Out (primary)
Loss and Damage
Retrospective Documentation (primary)
Bibliographic / library standards
Archival records support
Archival records standards
Integration with other library and archive management systems
Online publishing with OAI-PMH
Support site URLhttp://www.mobydoc.fr/intranet.htm
Contact postal address
34 Upper Tachbrook Street
Pimlico London SW1V 1SW
25 Rue Roquelaine
Software developer nameMobydoc
Software developer contact address
25 Rue Roquelaine 31000
Software developer email@example.com
UK users and sites
Users: 185. Sites: 26.
International users and sites
Over 750 institutions including Cite du vin, Institut d’Archéologie, Musee d’Art et d’Histoire.
National Museums and Galleries of Wales, 134 users.