This SPECTRUM Advice fact sheet explores how the SPECTRUM Acquisition procedure might work in your museum, and is aligned to the requirements of the Accreditation Scheme for Museums and Galleries in the UK.
Acquisition is a SPECTRUM Primary Procedure, which means that it is an essential component of a workable and efficient museum Documentation System. Find out more about the SPECTRUM Standard.
- What is the SPECTRUM 4.0 Acquisition Procedure?
- The Acquisition Procedure and Accreditation
- Why is the Acquisition Procedure important?
- When is the Acquisition Procedure carried out?
- What happens during the Acquisition Procedure and what information is recorded?
- What form should Acquisition records take?
This fact sheet was revised in 2015 to support the UK Accreditation Standard with funding from Arts Council England.
Clicking the link on this page will allow you to download this resource as a PDF.