Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 198 defines a risk based approach to managing the museum environment with reference to the needs of the collection, intended use, expected lifetime and energy economy. An overview of PAS 198 is given in this press release from March 2012.
PAS 198 contains the following sections which pull together the most recent research on parameters for types of objects and materials:
- Annex C – relative risk of damage and deterioration due to temperature
- Annex D – relative risk of damage and deterioration due to relative humidity
- Annex E – relative risk of damage and deterioration due to temperature and relative humidity
- Annex F – Sensitivity of materials to light
- Annex G – Sources of pollutants and their effects on materials
Clicking the link on this page will open this resource to view on the BSI Corporate website.