This SPECTRUM Advice fact sheet explores how the Object entry procedure might work in your museum, and is aligned to the requirements of the Accreditation Scheme for Museums and Galleries in the UK.
Object entry is a SPECTRUM Primary Procedure, which means that it is an essential component of a workable and efficient museum Documentation System. Find out more about the SPECTRUM Standard.
- What is the SPECTRUM Object entry Procedure?
- Object entry Procedure and Accreditation
- Why is the Object entry procedure important?
- When is the Object entry Procedure carried out?
- What happens during the Object entry Procedure?
- What form should Object entry records take?
- What information is recorded during the Object entry procedure?
This fact sheet was revised in 2014 to support the UK Accreditation Standard with funding from Arts Council England.
Clicking the link on this page will allow you to download this resource as a PDF.