The 2017 Yorkshire and Humberside Federation of Museums and Galleries conference is on 19 May 2017 at Ferens Art Gallery, Hull. This year the conference will be looking at practical ways that museums can change and adapt to put themselves at the forefront of their local community and build resilience in a climate of austerity.
The themes we will cover include:
- Working with Volunteers: Advice will be available on where to start, how to better utilise existing groups, and how to provide effective management.
- Diversifying Collections: Making collections more reflective and inclusive of, and building investment from, the local community.
- Building Partnerships: How to develop and reinforce effective partnerships with a range of stakeholders as well as other institutions such as libraries and archives.
- Streamlining: Rationalising collections to make them more accessible, relevant and cost effective, and providing access to collections outside of a ‘normal’ museum environment.
- Finding funding: What grants are available and how they can work for you.
See the conference programme and register for your place by clicking the following link: YFED Conference registration