Collections Trust has an unbeatable grasp of the issues around managing museum collections – and putting digitised collections online. Our consultancy work is rooted in standards we helped to shape, with a commonsense approach to helping museums of all sizes put them into practice.
We are always happy to talk about possible opportunities and to consider invitations to tender. Our consulting team – Kevin Gosling, Gordon McKenna, Alex Dawson and Sarah Brown – has many years of hands-on experience. We work either as lead consultants or as specialist sub-contractors to other consulting firms, potentially anywhere in the world. Our input can range from a few days to longer-term assignments. We can also draw on a network of trusted associates when needed.
Our consulting work currently and in recent months includes:
- Content development and delivery of the British Council’s International Museum Academy: Myanmar 2017
- Bespoke training on using SPECTRUM for NIMOZ, Poland’s National Institute for Museums and Public Collections, which has translated SPECTRUM 4.0 into Polish.
- A review of the collections – and collections management procedures – at the historic Bevis Marks Synagogue, sub-contracted to consultants Barker Langham as part of a first round application to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- Analysing current collections management practice at the Thackray Medical Museum in Leeds, leading to a brief for a new collections management system.
- Bespoke training for the new Seaside Heritage Network – two workshops on planning a collections review.
Please get in touch with Kevin Gosling if you have a project in mind and think we might be able to help.